Monday, March 9, 2015

My First Post



Well, I’ve done it. I’ve wanted to start a blog for a long time. I even tried a couple times, but I couldn’t find a site that worked well for me. The thing is though, now that I have a blog I have no idea what to write. I suppose this is what they mean by writers block? So I guess I will start with why I started this blog to begin with. 




My name is AJ. My dad’s in the military, I am from sticks- no-where New York, I have three sisters and one brother and I am ALMOST, not quite, twenty years old. I am starting this blog because I am inspired. I am inspired by life every day. I go to school in Atlanta and I cannot tell you how it affects me. Sitting at my favorite place in Piedmont Park, ignoring the itch that the BEYOND green grass of the summer comprises of, leads me to positivity. Driving through the lit up buildings at night on my way out for a night with the girls inspires me to make myself matter to one of those towering buildings one day. Atlanta may be full of cracked streets that mess up my poor cars balance and rotation, it may be full of crime and industrial grayness, but it is absolutely beautiful if you know how to look. The graffiti that covers Krog Bridge or the walls of every single building downtown; that isn’t the work of thugs, that is art in its truest form. The way the buildings reflect the sunlight as I finally pick up speed in rush-hour traffic on my way home; that is breathtaking. I am proud to call myself an Atlantan now, because I cannot imagine anywhere that challenges me as much as it does to live life everyday with a smile on my face. 




Let’s be honest. I am making myself sound like little miss sunshine. I am NOT. I am human, just like you. I stress out about school, about my internship, about traffic, about my ever rising debt. I am human, but I try to be a positive person and when you are positive life becomes a lot more fun. So, here it is. My first blog post. Don’t judge too harshly yet. I cringe at the thought of posting this, but “practice what you preach” is a very logical statement, so, I am trying to be positive here….

No comments:

Post a Comment