Friday, March 13, 2015

Appropriate: Dated to I Don't Know When


Being in love with life is almost an impossible feeling to convey. You can try to take pictures of your favorite views, but no picture can bring you to that place at that time. Sitting on the hill in the grass, smelling the rain as it falls down onto your arms and legs. The way the sun makes the sky a little orange and the clouds move in circular motions that stretch across the sky. The way the buildings glimmer in the fading light and you can’t look away because with each passing second it gets more beautiful. You sip through your straw and tapioca pearls invade your mouth. Your best friend sits next to you and you don’t have to talk because you are both just enjoying the happiness.

 
I fell in love with life once and the moment I did so, I never strayed from happiness for long. The moment you realize that the sun always rises, that the rain can be fun to dance in, that the night makes the city lights more beautiful and that the sunshine is one of the most amazing feelings on your skin after a long winter then you can find the beauty and good in everything. I fell in love with Atlanta. I fell in love with the people in my life, sometimes it wasn’t always the right people and sometimes it was the most amazing blessing I could have asked for. I am in love with the simple things. I like to laugh because it’s fun and I like to dance because it’s freeing. I like to sing no matter how badly it is and I like to have a best friend that sings much louder right next to me. I like to spend time with my family no matter how dysfunctional we can be because if you smile at everything, then the parts of life that are dark will be just a little less dark. Enjoy every single moment. Find the beauty in every single thing. When it rains, go dance in it. When the sun is shining, go bask in its warmth. When you are surrounded by new cultures, become one with them. When you eat, savor every bite. When there is music, dance. If you let down your walls and open your eyes to the world, you will never stop loving it.

No comments:

Post a Comment